Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hitting a Snag

It has all been trucking along fairly well until this point.  There have been frustations and backwards steps these past two weeks, but ALL things considered, wonderful progress and going "according to schedule", whatever that is.  Our plan was to pick up our Visa tomorrow and leave for Texas tomorrow night.  We went for our second US Embassy appointment this morning, and we will not be traveling home until probably Tuesday night or Wednesday.  The Adam Walsh screen has held us up.  We knew that was a risk going into Nairobi. 
For future families: I think if you give yourselves a full two weeks in Kigali, you will be able to initiate the AWscreen earlier and it will be ready by the time you sit for your Embassy apt. in Nairobi, and can get through Nairobi in 5 working days.  We did not have what we needed, the travel letter and passport to initiate the AW earlier than we did, given that the Embassy in Kigali is only open Tues/Friday.

Andy and Caroline WILL be coming home tomorrow night.  The kids need them and I think it will be good to have one of us over jet lag and settled into the house/kids before I come home jet lagged/exhausted and with new baby. 
Caroline has grown and matured so much through this whole experience, I am so proud of her, but it is time for her to come HOME!! 
Also, Laura and I will stay together with the two babies and in our hotel that will take care of us. 

I will keep everyone posted when little Drew will make his debut, but it will NOT be Saturday night.  We know there is purpose in this disappointment, and I am so disappointed!  I am weary and want to come and see my babies and be in my house. now.  I don't want to stay in Nairobi for 5 more days without my husband.

However, we praise God that He has gone before us in every step until now, and is in this situation too, fulfilling His purposes, so for that we give thanks.
"For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered forever.  He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD. 
His heart is steady;
he will not be afraid" 
Psalm 112: 6-7


Keri said...

we will continue to be praying for both of you ladies as you stay, for safe travel home for your loved ones, for safety while you are in Nairobi, and for safe and smooth travel as you bring your little ones home next week.

Amanda Lynn said...

I'm so sorry for the delay! I hope your time remaining goes quickly and that it is a nice time of bonding for you and little Drew before the chaos and excitement that awaits at home. We miss you and continue to pray!

Kristin said...

What ever the day...we will be St the airport to greet you home!!! Praying for you! You adoption moms so encourage me in your steadfast faith in the Lord! Love and hugs to you and Drew!!!

Gayle said...

Cannot wait to see you. TOMORROW!

Beth said...

Praying for all of you as you wait!