Friday, January 28, 2011

I've Met My Match

If I have ever given you any parenting advice,
I'm sorry.
I have no idea what I am doing.


A certain 2 1/2 year old has me running like a water-boy.
Although VERY cute and lovable, he daily does things like:
egg the kitchen (not hard-boiled)
pour cups of water out all over the house
scale the pantry shelves
squeeze out all makeup
take my phone in the bath
throws books at the lights in the library trying to knock them out, after jumping off the tables
pour the fireplace ashes out in the living room
and... last week, slip out of the house, without anyone knowing,
and try to follow me to the gas station on foot.
He got very close. Finding him where he was is my scariest experience as a mother.

So, advice anyone?? (besides a "backpack leash")
He's the one I could hear "who IS that child's mother?" I am always there, but apparently too slow or, heaven forbid, doing something with my 2 other children.
I am really trying hard here, he never stops!
I mean... how could you really be mad when this guy eggs your kitchen??
He really is adorable, I'll even rent him out for a day to entertain you too!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hilarious! It makes my crazy world look tame and I like that :o)

Anonymous said...

I am there too!!!
That is the problem with having girls first, you get lulled into a false sense of toddlerhood. I hate to generalize, but boys definitely have no hesitation in doing just about anything when they are 2/3. I am always finding my son 5 seconds too late (as he has just painted my fav leather chair with White-Out, as he has just flushed his dinosaur down the toilet, as he has just cut all the Barbies' hair, as he has just poured a whole bottle of mouthwash into the dog bowl...you get the picture!). It all seems like a great idea to him, and he can always justify what he is doing, which is even funnier. So, yes, I feel like I have met my match too!

Iliana said...

Too funny, boys will be boys, gotta love em'.

Megan said...

Apology accepted! ;)